Something Different

Hmm...now there is the stereotypical thought about most blogs that have this type of title...but in all honesty...there's something different about 2009. Whether it be a renewed look upon life, or a more focused ministry, I feel my life is going to be something different this year. Maybe it is the constant emphasis on commitment in my preaching and teaching music lessons that gives me this perspective. Maybe it was the well needed rest I received over the holidays and these past few weeks. Maybe it was some type of confidence in certain relationships I have with people. Maybe it's just God ;-). In either case something feels different...something is perceived to be different...

I don't mean to be vague in these sentences above, but it truly is hard to explain. It is no change like a salvation experience or a presidential change, and it is nothing dramatic, but just subtle, like perspectives are interesting again, people are easier to be loved, a hardened heart becoming softer again. While not naive, I find myself looking for ways to be childish in my faith, yet mature (and jaded) enough to know and to do God's good work. I feel a love for my life, more than I did just a few months ago. I feel focused, ready for school, ministry, work, life! And how good is that? God is being great, granted He never stopped. But He is going to do great things this year...I feel it, I know it, I'll live it!

Maybe it was my change to boxer briefs...lol :-p

3 comments:

  red

January 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I can say that I totally understand and relate. God is amazing, always has been amazing and always will be amazing.

:)

  Holly Face

January 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I totally agree. Well, except for the boxer briefs! This year has been such an eye opening experience for me as well, I've been feeling like God is actually using me, and feeling the overwhelming peace that comes with doing what he has called me to do. I never imagined it would feel this incredible. I gotta write my own blog before I spill it all right here! I hope you're doing great, holla at me :)

  J.

January 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I SO was thinking in my head... must be a change of underwear... then you said it at the end! HA... I'm serious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Verification Word: ATTIEDUC

What Attie's friend said just before Attie got hit in the head!